Monday, September 27, 2010

Show and Tell...


SHOW



and

TELL

Yesterday, we tried a new soup recipe.

IT WAS AMAZING!

So, without further adieu
I give you ...


Roasted Potato Leek Soup
by: Inna Garten the Barefoot Contessa


2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch chunks
4 cups leeks, white and light green parts
1/4 cup good olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 cups baby arugula, lightly packed
1/2 cup dry white wine
6 to 7 cups chicken stock
3/4 cup heavy cream
8 ounces creme fraiche
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Combine potatoes and leeks on a sheet pan in a single layer.
Add the olive oil, salt and pepper...toss to coat veggies.
Roast for 40 to45 minutes, until very tender.
Add the arugula and toss to combine.
Roast an additional 4 to 5 minutes, until arugula is wilted.
Remove and place sheet pan over two burners.
Stir in the wine and 1 cup chicken stock,
cook over low heat, scrapping up any crispy bits.
In batches, transfer veggies to a food processor
adding chicken stock (about 5 cups) to puree.
Pour the puree into a large pot.
Add enough of the remaining 1to 2 cups of stock
to make a thick soup.
Add the cream, creme fraiche, salt and pepper (to taste)
When ready to serve add 2 tablespoons white wine
and Parmesan cheese.
Serve hot with an extra grating of Parmesan cheese.


Enjoy!


~Nancy~


This recipe came from the book
back to basics
and I did not type the directions
word for word.
If you would like the directions
as she wrote them let me know
and I will get them to you.


4 comments:

  1. I LOVE so many of her recipes! I made the Wild Mushroom soup last fall and it was a lengthy process, but sooo worth it! May have to try this one! Sounds wonderful! Hope your week is off to a great start! Today just really has flown by for me...need it to slow down a little!
    Blessings,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your setting and the soup looks and sounds wonderful. Since our fall left 5 minutes after it arrived, this will have to wait.

    Love the creme fraiche part, just love that stuff on strawberries.

    blessings,
    jilly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi girlfriend,
    That is one fancy sounding soup! I don't think I've ever bought a LEEK in my LIFE! HA! I just might surprise my fam and put them in shock ! Your table looks gorgeous! You go girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria took that gorgeous picture as well as the one that serves as my blog header. The last time she was here, she showed pictures to me on her camera and I asked her to load them on my computer.
    I can send some pictures of the inside of the house that we took during the second time we went through on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete