Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sweet Words

Last week I went to the
mailbox and found a
letter nestled between
some junk mail.
This letter was from one of
the most precious women
I know!
My Aunt Sara

Aunt Sara's words were
special, kind and loving!
I really needed to hear those words.

I don't know about you all
but sometimes I
recall words that were
spoken to me a long time ago.
Words that have left a wound on my heart.
God used Aunt Sara's word
as a healing balm to my heart!

I have kept this sweet letter
close and have
read it more than once.

When I was a girl
I was taught this saying...

"sticks and stones
will break my bones
but words will never hurt me"

That little saying is so far from the truth!

WORDS ARE POWERFUL!!!

I pray you will use your
words today to love
on someone special!

"Pleasant words are a honeycomb,
sweet to the soul and
healing to the bone."

Proverbs 16:24

~Nancy~

2 comments:

  1. You sure are right..words are really powerful. I love the proverb that talks about a word in season being like apples of gold in settings of silver. I always wanted to get my daughter a necklace showing that proverb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the saying"sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me."
    Like you said, it is far from the truth. Words do hurt! Some stick with you for life, but we forgive anyway. I wonder who wrote that saying, anyway? Just curious! have a good week.

    ReplyDelete